The Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Start of Our Life


We started out as two strangers meeting in a local pub out at Grand Valley. Both our mutual friends dragged us out that night. (myself being under 21 the DD...which I happily obliged). We all met in a small booth, ate greasy food and talked the night away. After closing the bar and restaurant we all headed to Chris & Trent's house to watch a movie. None of us were ready to go home. Boondock Saints ended up being the "must-see" of the night. Chris was astonished us 3 girls had never seen this movie....full of guns, guts and glory of killing "bad" people for the greater good of mankind. How could we have never seen it? :) After the movie ended (4 am) I dragged myself home to wake up for class in the morning (yes I went to class like a good kid, not sure if Chris did). We became friends on facebook (I know, lame!) before the numbers were exchanged. After spending time at raging bonfires, hiking in the woods and going to campus events, Chris had not picked up my "not-so-sutble" hints of liking him. Finally, I told him hiking in the woods; "I want you to know that I like you a lot....." Chris stares blankly at me...dumbfounded! His version of the story is that I said I didn't want to date anyone because I was focusing on school (such a good kid honoring my wishes), however he was totally ignoring the full-blown flirting, calls everyday and "lunch dates".
Since those days in college we have maintained our tight friendship that has blossomed into an even better relationship, maturing into a wonderful marriage!
We hope you enjoy the happenings of our life! Sometimes it's boring but I will try to keep that to a minimum :)


2 comments:

  1. aww...no matter whether times are exciting or boring may they be times spent together! Can't wait to read more...I am a blog stalker so you better keep it updated!! Oh, and I like to comment too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute :) Need to add some BGH pics in there ;) Oh and some pics of the ladies in your wedding!!! Excited to read more.

    ReplyDelete